Preparing for your vacation is exciting, determining where to go, places to see, reviewing the activities to do in line with your interests, reading and rereading, and booking but then, you arrive and it is raining!
Many of us wants to align our activities with the weather, but weather conditions cannot be predicted 1-2-3 months in advance. Come what may, we must be prepared and have alternative plans if Mother Nature upsets the perfect sky itinerary.
Know what your options are for those rainy days. I recommend the following:
- Museum of Fine Arts / Musee des Beaux-Arts
- Contemporary Art Museum / Musee d’Art Contemporain
- McCord Museum
Nature and environment:
Nature – history:
Science and Technology:
- Science Center of Montreal
- Canadian Architecture Museum
History – archeology:
- Pointe-a-Callieres Museum (recommended at all time)
History – people and residences:
- Château Dufresne
- Château Ramezay
- George-Etienne Cartier House
- Maison Saint-Gabriel
- Marguerite Bourgeoys Museum.
Other options that are linked to your special visit to Montreal:
- Visit the underground (recommended at all time)
- Montreal metro stations and their unique styles
- Go shopping in one of many shopping malls.
- Indoor skating at the Atrium of 1000 de la Gauchetière
- Visit the Casino
Consequently, it is still possible to enjoy your visit to Montreal even on a rainy day.
For an overview of Montreal click here.
For all posts on Montreal click here.